2008/10/11

Day 2 report - 逆風爬坡,爬通宵宛如下地獄

Dear friends,

Day 2 turned out to be a tougher day than day 1. The NE wind in 通宵 was the same as or stronger than that in 雲林. What made it worse was the hills in 通宵. As a result, I am falling behind for about 20 km. I am staying at a motel in 新豐鄉 in Hsin Chu county. Today's ride started at 7:30 AM and ended at 7:47PM. Mileage was 147km. Destination for tomorrow is Keelung 基隆(台1線到新莊轉關渡,淡水,石門,金山,萬里,到基隆)。 Without the NE wind, I should have no problem making it to Keelung by 7:00PM. But I am worried about the ~15km from 淡水 to 石門. I may be fighting with the NE wind there again. In that case, it should be worse than the past 2 days, as that is a coastal road right along the ocean. So I have to get up early to launch early to catch up. As I am also very tired, so I will not post any photos today... sorry. I will make it up in the next 2 days.

Some highlights today:

1. Met several cyclists cycling the island on the road. They are all doing clock-wise. Two groups were heading home (last day) in Taoyun and one young man heading home in Taipei.

2. 經過新竹,感觸很多...

3. 今天又是我體能極限的另一次突破。Making records every day! That's one of the cool things about 單車環島

Again, I am sorry for delaying the full report. Come back to check Tuesday. (The full report will not be a new post. It will be this one with contents added. 沒加中文版,也請包含,因時間不夠.

I should really go to bed now.

Denys 品憲 at 明星花園 (a motel across the from 明星工專 on 台1線 in 新竹縣新豐鄉)



1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Hi 陳大哥

我是黃文彬,在苗栗梧棲鎮7-11弘新門市遇到的,新竹、苗栗的逆風真是太強了。

北海岸開始,沿路的風景都非常的漂亮,加油!