2008/10/15

Day 5 report - 難忘的蘇花公路!

Dear friends and family,

I made it. I am in Hualien now. I need to get enough sleep for tomorrow's ride to 台東縣成功鄉(海線, 105km) so I will delay Day 5's report to a later time. Too many things happened on Day 5. It will take me hours to write the report for Day 5... For now, you can browse my Day 5 photo album below with limited text remarks. One quick note: as you will see in the photos, 我在新澳隧道內翻車撞壁受了點輕傷,無大礙,不影響騎車。What happened? It's a combination of the following: 狹窄老舊又漏水的隧道,滿地泥濘,不願讓環島騎士的大砂石車。I am OK, not to worry. 但還好當時後面沒車,否則後果不堪設想!這次隧道內翻車給這次環島添加了一項終生難忘的回憶...

Photo album is here: http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/denys.chen/CyclingIslandOfTaiwanDay5#


I want to thank many of you who sent me cell phone text messages (as far as from Switzerland), e-mails, and MSN off-line messages. For those of you who did not send I know many of you have been monitoring my progress through the GPS web page. Thank you all so much for your encouragement ! I did it my way...

Denys in Hualien

沒有留言: